Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Revlon Top Speed Fast Drying Nail Enamel Review

So, I have not written a post in a long time. I'm sorry, I have just been so busy lately. I'm having my birthday party the day after tomorrow. AHHHH!!! Also, I am going to an amusement park tomorrow as the end of the year trip. That's right, school ends on Thursday. I don't know about you, but I think that is insanely early. What is it like where you live? We always used to go until around June 18th or 23rd.

Anyways, the point of this post was to right a review of a new nail polish I bought, Revlon Top Speed Fast Drying Nail Enamel. Would I purchase this again? Definitely not. It was $5.99, which I think is way overpriced because you could get an OPI nail polish for just a couple dollars more. But, it was 40% off and I had $1 off coupon, so I decided to try it. I got it in Electric, which is not really a neon, but a bright sunflower yellow color. It's really pretty, I got tons of compliments. But this is where the good things end. It really does live up to it's name: it converted to that semi-sticky state where the brush starts leaving a mark when you sweep it over within five seconds. So I had to get a big glob on and quickly sweep it over my entire nail. Needless to say, my cuticles were a big yellow mess. And it didn't even look good. I got a whole bunch of those tiny little air bubbles on every single nail. What's worse is that it doesn't dry completely and stays sticky for quite a while afterwards. I used about half the bottle just trying to get all my nails done one time. The finish was very matte and rather hideous.

Bottom line: I would not repurchase. This was a terrible nail polish, although I quite like the regular (non-fast drying) ones. At best I would recommend this for your toes, where you won't have to see all those little bubbles up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment