Sunday, March 28, 2010

Healthy Snacks


I went to the Girl Scout Food Fair yesterday and it was a lot of fun. There was so many different kinds of food and I absolutely LOVE the Australian Lamingtons, white cake covered with chocolate sauce and rolled in coconut! But it got me thinking, I'm trying to eat healthy for at least one (1) meal a day, but it's hard to find healthy snacks. So I was looking in the Ralph's magazine and found just what I was looking for: a list of healthy snacks. Ten healthy snacks are low-fat string cheese, 1 pita with 1 tb hummus, 10-12 baked chips with 1/2 cup salsa, half a bagel with 1 tb peanut butter, 2 cups popcorn with chocolate shavings on top, frozen whole wheat waffle topped with 1/2 cup applesauce, 1 cup whole-wheat cereal with low-fat milk, 1/2 cup cottage cheese with peach or tomato slices, 1/4 cup nuts and dried fruit(not sugar coated), and 1 cup low-fat chocolate milk. Not sure if I like everything ad I don't see why it can't be white milk, but some goo ideas. Side note: I LOVE this pillow. I really like Paul Frank and might get it for soon-to-be new room, although it probably wouldn't match with my antique french boudoir theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment